Delphi of TeamHealth, a national provider of specialty on-call solutions based in Morrisville, North Carolina, is seeking a dynamic National Medical Director to provide medical leadership and participate clinically in the Delphi of TeamHealth Surgicalist programs nationwide.
The National Medical Director position is a great opportunity for an experienced General Surgeon with a successful track record in leadership to contribute in the following areas:
· Establish and maintain the general Scope of Service for General Surgery programs nationwide.
· Partner with executive leadership to effectively grow, develop and support current and prospective surgicalist programs.
· Contribute to new program establishment to include policies, procedures and the vetting of potential physician candidates.
· Provide leadership, supervision and training to Facility Medical Directors.
Assist in the development, evaluation and achievement of client and Delphi operating and quality metric goals.
· Promote an environment of engagement and communication between program physicians and the hospital staff and leadership.
· Drive patient safety and quality initiatives as a key team member of the TeamHealth Patient Safety Organization.
· Provide clinical services on a part time basis in a Delphi of TeamHealth surgicalist program.
· Foster and build key relationships with other health care organizations in our community
The ideal candidate will:
· Be an outstanding communicator who can connect with a variety of key constituents including clinicians / physicians, executive leadership, direct reports, peers, board members, and community leaders.
· Possess an active M.D. or D.O. medical license and DEA registration as required,
· Be board certified in General Surgery with a minimum of 5 years active practice
· Be familiar with the Surgicalist model and/or has previous experience as a surgicalist.
· Be open to 30% travel nationwide
· Have a successful track record of providing physician leadership (Medical Director, Department Chair, Practice leader) in a clinical environment and/or an acute care facility.
Please contact Linda Rosen at 919-655-1305 or